Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for December, 2011


Recently i got a request to change the tiny graphics in project center, a you could see in the image below, some of the graphics doesn’t match, since some of them are pretty small as compared to others

So here you go, navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Server Extension/14/template/layouts/inc/PWA/images 🙂 viola you get all the images being used in Project Server

Now just replace all the relevant images as required, here in my case i replaced the site icon and project server custom field icons,make sure to keep a backup copy before you make any changes to file system just in case you corrupt anything

Note :: Perform it at your own risk, changing this might result in violating support

Advertisements

Read Full Post »


Just received a question wherein requirement was, Before executing code Addin needs to determine wether Project Pro is offline or online and just want to save some of your time in experimenting and researching on “PjProfileConnectionState.pjProfileOnline”  or “MSProject.Profiles.ActiveProfile.ConnectionState“, i am saying so as i did invested on this some time ago, more important is how do you find it among so much of content available i always use Object browser 🙂 , so instead of investing further use this one liner to identify the status “MSProject.Application.IsOffline” its of type boolean and would return true / false accordingly 🙂

Read Full Post »


Recently got to see an error with message ” Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.BuildTaskHierarchyMessage”, error was being encountered when trying to publish project, as shown below

<!–?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-16″?>–>
<errinfo>
<general>
<class name=”Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.Message”>
<error id=”23000″ name=”ProjectPublishFailure” uid=”823dfa7a-1793-490a-91fc-160b548bd7fd” projectuid=”b2468246-caeb-44a5-82c3-e7ae92662be9″ messagetype=”Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.BuildTaskHierarchyMessage” messageID=”183″ stage=”” blocking=”DontBlock”/>
</class>
<class name=”Queue”>
<error id=”26000″ name=”GeneralQueueJobFailed” uid=”28137601-e538-4ce0-af46-116113fc6e2c” JobUID=”25594555-1cdd-4a25-a3d5-54d4dc16bb79″ ComputerName=”AppServer01″ GroupType=”ProjectPublish” MessageType=”BuildTaskHierarchyMessage” MessageId=”183″ Stage=””/>
</class>
</general>
</errinfo>
Project Pro would restart while progressing through publish around 95%, closely looking at the error, it was certain that the problem was with Task hierarchy, closely perusing the plan revealed the cause, one of the Summary tasks name was blank, fixing that resolved the issue

Read Full Post »